Intimate Transactions, 2008-2009
Intimate Transactions is an interactive installation developed by Brisbane’s Transmute Collective: Keith Armstrong, Guy Webster and Lisa O’Neill.
The work allows two people in separate spaces to interact simultaneously using their bodies and custom designed ‘smart furniture’.
Participants engage in a shared sensory intimacy, as they navigate their way through a physical interface of digital imagery, multichannel sound and tactile feedback.
The presentation of Intimate Transactions at Synthetic Times, National Art Museum of China in 2008, generated further touring opportunities. Intimate Transactions was part of a remote link-up with American audiences supported by the Californian Polytechnic State University, as well as a tour of eight regional Australian galleries supported by Museum and Gallery Services Queensland (MGSQ).
The scheduled national tour of Transmute Collective’s work ‘Intimate Transactions’ is as follows;
* 18/9 – 18/10 Dubbo Regional Gallery
* 18/9 – 18/10 Albury Regional Gallery
* 26/2 – 21/3 Rockhampton Art Gallery
* 26/2 – 21/3 Gympie Regional Gallery
* 11/10 – 26/11 Frankston Arts Centre
* 11/10 – 26/11 Mildura Arts Centre
* 28/8 – 27/9 Wagga Wagga Art Gallery
* 28/8 – 27/9 – Experimental Art Foundation Adelaide
Read more about Intimate Transactions on RealTime Arts. (http://www.realtimearts.net/article/issue85/9037)